Our vehicle and fleet engineering services provide customers, including OEMS, with data, information and knowledge that can be used for:
- Engineering approvals or certification
- Vehicle verification
- Fleet improvements
- Product development
- New vehicle and/or technology benchmarking
- Forensic engineering
- Business improvement & strategy development
- Market research
Our engineering services are applicable for all on & off-road, passenger, light and heavy commercial vehicles.
Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
ABMARC provides CAD and FEA services for numerous automotive applications using Altair Hyperworks. Some of these applications include:
- Component stress analysis
- Aftermarket component design and/or optimisation
- GVM and GCM upgrades
- Suspension modification
- Mining/industrial vehicles
ABMARC has developed internal processes to address regulator concerns on aftermarket modifications, including GVM and GCM upgrades.
Some of the supporting capabilities we provide for these projects include:
- Material testing (hardness and tensile testing)
- Input load case measurement from real-world application
- Testing to VSB14 (automotive)
- Component design/optimisation
- Linear FE analysis
- Non-Linear FE analysis
- Buckling/Modal analysis
- Dynamic analysis
- Multi-body vehicle dynamics
- Physical testing
- Vehicle instrumentation, including NHV, strain gauging and drive evaluation
Other forms of analysis are available to suit individual projects/applications.
ABMARC provides support to clients in the development of new products, from suspension systems to engines.
ABMARC can provide:
- Metrology services
- Small engine dynamometer and load bank, suitable for engine development
- Clean room
- Materials testing (hardness, thickness, tensile)
- Engine calibration
- Controller design & manufacture
- Wiring harness manufacture
- Durability testing
- Vehicle evaluations
- Product evaluations
- Emissions testing
Business & Process Improvement
ABMARC works with clients to refine business processes, improve operations, and increase efficiency.
ABMARC services include:
- Fleet analysis
- Vehicle evaluation for suitability
- Aftermarket product evaluation for suitability
- Risk assessments (operations, vehicles, etc.)
- Market research including surveys and focus groups
- Standard development
- Regulator engagement
- Operations analysis and process review
- Operational documentation review &/or development
ABMARC staff and contractors have experience in successfully completing business improvement projects in various industries. Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements.
Quad bike testing
ABMARC can perform lateral stability and front and rear longitudinal pitch testing on all quad bikes, ATVs and UTVs in accordance with Australian government regulations.
Other tests and assessments can be conducted on request.
ABMARC can inspect or test modified light and heavy vehicles and trailers for compliance with the relevant Victorian and Federal requirements.
We specialise in the certification of performance modifications on new and older passenger vehicles, and 4WD upgrades. We can also assist you with approvals for second stage manufacturing, or fleet requirements.
Andrea Winkelmann is our in-house VASS engineer and is approved by VicRoads for the following modifications on light and heavy vehicles:
- Transmissions and axles
- Body and chassis
- Seating and occupant protection
- Fuel and fuel systems
- Suspension and steering
Andrea does not undertake motorhome conversion approvals at this time.
ABMARC is a registered agent with the Department of Infrastructure to provide services for the Road Vehicle Certification System (RVCS).
The RVCS system is used by OEMs, second stage manufacturers and the manufacturers of aftermarket products to demonstrate that their products comply with the Australian Design Rules (ADRs).
ABMARC is registered to provide testing and certification services for the following ADRs:
Installation of Lighting and Light-Signalling Devices on other than L-Group Vehicles
Brake Systems for Passenger Cars
Brake Systems for Motorcycles and Mopeds
Commercial Vehicle Brake Systems
Emission Control for Light Vehicles
Emission Control for Heavy Vehicles
Fuel Consumption Labelling for Light Vehicles
Electronic Stability Control
Brake Assist Systems
Sensitive Freight Services
Laboratory equipment is complex and sensitive, and requires special packing and care to ensure that it is not damaged during transit. ABMARC can securely pack, transport, store, install and commission your valuable laboratory and test equipment to ensure that it arrives in good working order, and on time. Contact us to discuss your specific requirements.
Forensic Engineering & Expert Witness
ABMARC provides forensic consultancy, testing and analysis services in the transport, fuels and emissions sectors. We can provide support and expert testimony to courts and tribunals in Australia. Our engineers have provided expert witness evidence to supreme court level.
The services we provide include:
- Forensic engineering
- Forensic investigation
- Scientific analysis
- Expert witness reports and testimony